*This article includes affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With over 600 calories per slice, this recipe is a delicious way to stop unintended weight loss and promote weight gain. In fact, this 9-inch pie contains a whopping 5,480 calories. Dessert chocolate pie for the win!
How to Make a Pie
There are typically three steps to making a pie. You need to make the:
If for any reason you are short on time, you can always buy premade ingredients. For example, instead of making the time crust from scratch, you can always purchase a premade pie crust.
Homemade or Premade Pie Crust
This recipe has you making your own crust using chocolate sandwich cookies and butter. If you want to skip this step, just buy a premade crust. Oreo* and Keebler* both make a tasty chocolate pie crust. They both contain the same amount of calories; 800 calories per pie crust.
Most of us have an abundance of pie pans spilling out of cupboards in our kitchen. If you are making this pie as a gift for someone who needs to gain weight, you can always use a disposable pie pan*. This way they don’t have to worry about cleaning or returning your pan. If you buy a premade chocolate graham cracker crust, these come with their own pans.
Or if you want to provide the pie in a beautiful pan to keep, Wisenvoy* ceramic pie pans are my favorite! They are pretty, sturdy, and easy to clean!
This recipe has many variations you can follow. The only limit is your creativity!
First off, you can swap the chocolate graham cracker crust for a regular gram cracker crust.
Next, you can swap out the flavor of pudding mix. You can try:
- vanilla pudding
- pistachio pudding
- banana cream pudding
- caramel pudding
And finally, you can swap out the toppings. You can add different toppings or more toppings. You can try:
- Peanut butter
- White chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
Highest Calorie Dessert
What makes our chocolate pie the highest calorie dessert? It all comes down to the high calorie ingredients.
Using whole milk and half and half provide so many more calories than fat free milk. The butter in the pie crust adds even more calories. And the whipped cream and chocolate chips top of this dessert with even more calories.
Each slice has 685 calories. This means this little 9-inch pie has a whopping 5,480 calories. That’s a lot!
And if you want to add in even MORE calories, mix in some peanut butter.
Gaining weight includes eating a variety of high calorie foods through out the day. Our highest calorie dessert can help satisfy your sweet tooth and make eating more calories fun!
Other high calorie recipes you may enjoy include:
Highest Calorie Dessert Chocolate Pie
Let’s get to cooking! Below is our recipe. Enjoy this tasty, no-bake dessert. And best of luck
With over 600 calories per slice, this recipe is a delicious way to stop unintended weight loss and promote weight gain. Dessert chocolate pie for the win!
Highest Calorie Dessert Chocolate Pie
- 28 cookies chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 1/2 tbsp Butter melted
- 2 boxes Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 ounces cool whip
- 10 cookies chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (baking)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies into a food processor and finely crush the chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Add crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and butter into a medium mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Press the cookie mixture into a 9 inch pie pan evenly and along the sides of the pan.
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool pie crust for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix pudding mixes, milk and half and half in large bowls for 2 minutes or until pudding starts to set.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Mix in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Cut pie into slices.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.